Burial & Funeral Assistance Application
Note: All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe has established the following criteria with the intent to ensure the Burial and Funeral Assistance Program provides financial assistance to meet the basic needs of the Tribal community in accordance with the Tribe’s General Welfare Policy.
Must be a deceased enrolled Snoqualmie Tribal Member and/or minor child of an enrolled Tribal member who is not enrolled in a tribe other than the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe.
- The applicant must be the Executor of the Estate for the deceased and/or point of contact who has written authorization from the executor. In the event that there is no executor, applicant eligibility will be determined per the Burial and Funeral Assistance Policy.
- Certified death certificate must be submitted within 60 days after the date of passing.
Limits on Distribution
- Funds will only be accessible within one calendar year after the date of passing.
- Funding is available up to $30,000, minus any funding that the Tribal Member previously accessed using Pre-Planning Assistance. The Department will inform the executor of the remaining funding balance upon application submission.
- The funds cannot be used toward an expense that is considered lavish or extravagant (i.e. first-class plane tickets, exotic venues, or other purchases that are otherwise excessive, etc.).
- Program benefits are subject to change and may increase/decrease based on available funding or by Snoqualmie Indian Tribal Council Resolution.
Applications and Supporting Documents can be attached to this E-form, scanned, faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered to the Snoqualmie Tribal Office at:
ATTN: General Resources Department
P.O. Box 969
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Fax Number: (206) 202-4535