General Welfare Assistance for Minors Not in a Snoqualmie Household Application


Note: All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.



To be eligible for this assistance you must be:

    • A dependent means anyone under the age of 18 who is a direct descendant, by way of blood, of an enrolled member of the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe.
      • The dependent must be deemed service eligible by the Tribal Secretary’s department in order receive this benefit.
        • The dependent must reside 51% or more of the time each month within a non-Snoqualmie Tribal household to be eligible for the benefit for that given month. A “non-Snoqualmie Tribal household” includes (1) placement by ICW or State with a non-Snoqualmie household/guardian; or (2) the non-Snoqualmie parent is the custodial parent.
      • Service eligible dependents who reside within a Snoqualmie Tribal Household, even if the adult Tribal Member in that household is not their biological parent, are not eligible for this program.

To apply for the General Welfare Assistance program you must:

    • The guardian or custodial parent shall complete the application for general welfare assistance;
    • Provide the following to be eligible for the housing portion of the benefit:
      • Proof of residency for the housing assistance benefit; and
      • Current W-9

Program benefits are subject to change and may increase/decrease based on available funding.


Program Limitations

For each service eligible dependent who meet the eligibility criteria above, the payment shall cover all Eligible Expenses. Eligible expenses are provided for in the above amounts for up to $450 per month.


Eligible Expense Distributions Standard Monthly Funding
Housing Assistance $200
Food and Clothing Assistance $250
Limits on Distribution
    • Housing Assistance. Funds shall only be used to pay for Eligible Expenses at the Tribal Member’s primary residence only. Eligible Expenses include:
      • Basic utility services, specifically water, sewer, trash, electricity, gas, and heat source (natural gas/propane/firewood/pellets); and
      • Basic communication services, specifically landline and/or cellular telephone, internet, and basic cable services.
      • Rent/ Mortgage/ Property Taxes.
    • Food and Clothing Assistance. Funds shall only be used to pay for Eligible Expenses per household.
      • Eligible Expenses include: (a) Food and personal hygiene expenses; (b) Clothing expenses.
      • Eligible Expenses exclude alcohol, tobacco products, soda, energy drinks, pet food and supplies, and fast food items.
Applications and Supporting Documents can be attached to this E-form, scanned, faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered to the Snoqualmie Tribal Office at:

Mailing Address:
ATTN: General Resources Department
P.O. Box 969
Snoqualmie, WA 98065

Fax Number: (206) 202-4535